Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Gift baskets from the gourmet food experts at iGourmet.com

A basket of Delights


I could hardly write a word when I came across igourmet.com. Literally I became a doggy with a watering mouth. I became very greedy. But I was provoked to do so. I was thus half- guilty. The rest of the guilt was shared by the site itself through its enormous collection of gourmet gift baskets. I have already got a sweet tooth and I am approaching sixty years. At this stage was it very noble for the site to display the chocolate brownies specially prepared with love by the Chocolatier Mary Louise Hepner. Was it a very angelic approach on the part of the site to have shown me the Chocolate Lovers Premier Gift Basket? This basket is a collection of the finest chocolates and cookies of the world and contains delicate European delights.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The site also allows you to choose your own items and to form your own customized basket. And OOOOh! That incredible basket of Cheese! This basket contains eight varieties of cheese Royal Blue Stilton, Dorothea, Crotonese, Mahon, Oltermanni, Red Leaf Cheddar, Camembert and Beemster Classic Extra Aged Gouda. They differ in their ingredients and texture and bear the culture of the place from where they are produced. Some are produced from Ewe’s milk while some from goats’.

As I was looking at these mouth watering dishes, I was interrupted by my wife. She said that it was a sin to watch even the photos for a diabetic patient. I won’t watch any photo any more, but will bring one home!

No comments: