Sunday, October 28, 2007

Searching for History

I love traveling and I am a nomadic author too. I can remember that I had married once and that did not last. I am not talking of divorce. I want to say that my wife has got transformed into my traveling partner ever since her marriage to me. We do not stay at our home and are just like Bedouins. My latest destination is the 1851 Historic Maple Manor and as an author I know that I shall derive much input from this historic manor and this manor has got historic value because of the Antebellum Plantation and its use as a Civil War Hospital and Phil Simms had spent his childhood in this manor. This manor is situated in Kentucky.



The Manor is absolutely magnificent with British looks. The aristocratic British looks in the modern ages are the main inputs of preservation of History. The winding staircases with age old furniture, the long candle stands, Victorian style flower vases, heavy curtains, huge decorative beds and flickering flames in the fire places are enough to get myself into the mood of writing an epic saga. I will also be getting discounts by buying a bed and breakfast gift certificate from I love Inns.com. I will be booking this manor through this site and availing discounts too through these gift certificates. Authors may be practical too!

No comments: