Thursday, October 18, 2007

Importance of romance in relationships

Romance Novels have always been banned in my house even when I reached my early teen ages. But my school friends managed a few from their friends and they too brought these books to school in order to read them secretly. But I heard that some parents were very free and sporty enough to allow their daughters to read the novels. Whenever we speak of Romance Novels and the word teen ages we think of only one name- Mills and Boon Books. Numerous categories of books are published under this name but romance is the sole subject of all the categories.




The reason behind my mother’s disagreement to allow me to read these romantic novels by Mills and Boon was that she thought that I will become spoilt by reading those books. I read them secretly and even read with my friends in the school during off- periods. They were so hot and I could even feel a shiver right now! I had applied the “romantic tools” explained in various novels in my personal life too and it worked and still working! I got the very lesson of seduction in my teen ages.

The nature of passion in most of the Western romantic novels is not a Plutonic one as in the Indian romantic novels. The romantic novels of Mills and Boon are red- hot and spin across lives with “Blood and Flesh”. Truly Western!


No comments: