Sunday, October 14, 2007

Money - with or without investment

I came at 1pm after writing my exams , I was exhausted because you need to write 10-12 pages continuously , the pattern of the examination is subjective and you need to fill in the pages with quality and to the point answers. During exams I write continuously for 3 hours, 10am to 1pm. So came back home relaxed..and now started writing...One of my neighbour just entered my house for my sign as a witness for some purpose, during this course I started talking about investment with him, he is very smart,pragmative,risk averse business man and plays the game too safe.

He had been investing in the stock market since 10 years and has almost diversified the risk by investing in conglomerative companies like Pharma,FMCG, IT and many more to say. He told me Investment is a subject matter of risk, invest wisely and carefully after thorough analysis..He asked me " What types of returns are you expecting, short term or long term" , I said both 50% each.

He told me open a Demat account with the bank and I will let you know the scripts to invest in, and as a neighbor I can help you in letting you know ,when to buy and when to sell..

Then I asked him , I want to make $150 per month , Is it possible, He said yes, Its very much possible, I asked him, How much should I invest , He said You need to invest atleast $3500 per annum.. I kept my mouth shut. after some time He said on his own, I have invested 8lac i.e $ 17,000-$18,000 US and I am making around say $600 per month.

Saying this he left my house smiling..I thought for a while and told to myself , you are doing pretty well ,when compared to your neighbor.

No comments: