Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Thoof.com - One stop site for interesting news, websites, videos, customized to your individual tastes

The Hot “OOF”.


Yes Thoof did find me! Mind it; I did not mention that I found Thoof! Thoof-Redirect is a powerful name to appear in the search engines very easily while searching through personalized news sites.
I was doing a general search of information sites and Thoof caught me! I stopped my search! It was simply more than what I had expected. The liberty to change others’ opinions (submitted blogs) will simply put you in the position of Mr. George Bush. Of course if anyone tries to change mine, I am sure to show my red eyes or even be Osama bin Laden!

I have made some guesses regarding the word “Thoof”. According to my weird imagination, Thoof= Thought + Proof.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


The information site claims to offer you true information on the topics you like. So, it is not only the thoughts of the blog submitters that determine the quality of the blog, but the matter should also be supported with adequate logic and proof, hence the name. Its a social bookmarking site where in you can share personalized news with your fellow members, sign up is easy and its free, you can signup by giving your email address, Its as simple as you think ,that is within a blink of a second rite, very true. For example, there is a blog listed in the website regarding obesity rates in different ates and these are represented by cartoons. Do you know which nation tops the list? It is U.S.A. I owe my heartiest thanks to the fast food giant Mc Donald’s for keeping the United States unparalleled in this category also! This information has been derived from a survey. You simply cannot write arbitrary and untrue things because the democracy of the site will prevent you from practicing such things. You will be challenged by other readers regarding the trustworthiness of the topics submitted by you. Better write with proofs!

If I have my content changed by others or if I change others’ contents then, Thoof Democracy allows every member to vote for or against the proposed changes. So, the site is not only about writing blogs and catching the attention of readers by enforcing your own opinions, but also about how others perceive it. For others to rate your topics, the Thoof Rank Badge is used. It shows how your article has impressed your readers. It is the readers’ rating index. It will judge the popularity of your blogs.

With all these steaming activities involved in individualized news, the founders of the site Ian, Andrew, Alan and Scott have been finding it to be “The hot OOF”.


No comments: