Wednesday, April 16, 2008

00:00

The grandfather clocks have acted as historical artifacts since the old ages. They remind us about our ancestors, our past days, and our cultural heritage. It is a fact that today the grandfather clocks have found their uses in the sophisticated households as masterpieces only when they have been replaced by the wall clocks .But just think of the days when these clocks were in real use!

Image Hosted by 2and2.net

I visited one of my uncle’s houses. In fact I had visited it many times. One thing which used to attract me in that house was the old grandfather clock kept at the landing of the spiral staircase. My uncle’s house looks like a medieval manor and this grandfather clock adds more to this style. This clock attracted me not only by its beauty but because of something else. The clock always used to show the time 00:00 that is midnight. Even my uncle said that he had adjusted it several times but the result was the same, i.e., midnight! History had told that one of my uncle’s ancestors had been brutally killed by one of his trusted men and the time was just 00:00 hours. I do not remember the exact date and I do not want to! Otherwise, I would develop fearful thoughts about that date and that clock! This will give me nightmares. I never knew that clocks could give such type of spine chilling experiences. I only knew that clocks would remind me to go to office in time and to start another boring day. But the howard miller clocks meant something else! ! ! ! I can feel cold perspiration to flow down my spinal cord!

No comments: