Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Missing My Rehab Days!

I could forget those black days of mine. I could forget those days when my family neglected me because I had become a drug addict. I could forget those days when my son feared to come close to me. And I could forget because Renaissance Malibu was there with me! With four healing components namely Mind, Body, Spirit and Relationships Renaissance Malibu attempts to incorporate its healing programs with these healing components to achieve a long lasting solution. Malibu- Drug Rehab treats the addicted mind in a number of ways through Psychiatric Evaluations, Individual and Group Therapies, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, Equine Assisted therapy and Art Therapy.

Visit UploadGeek


Of these, The Equine assisted Therapy and the Art Therapy deserves special mention. In the former one, addicted individuals were taught to return to their normal lives by horses! I had also spent a lot of time with the horses in the beach and my interaction with them helped to imbibe strong feelings, emotions, and behavioral patterns within myself. With the Art Therapy, I could get back my innocent creativity, which I had during my school days.

My body started rejuvenating with Yoga, massage and a planned diet with high nutritive value. The treatment plan also encompassed a regular interaction with my family members and it is through their joint effort that I became the same old person as I used to be before my addiction. I used to sit in the evening in the yard of the beach villa to look into the deep blue ocean in front. It reminded me of my wife’s deep blue eyes…….

No comments: